Sr. Software Architect
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Data Science Consortium
RDSC is an applied data science organization that works on a broad range of projects, delivering solutions that run from targeted algorithms to hosted scalable cloud deployments. We are experiencing rapid growth and seek a senior architect to lead software architecture and development across our internal and contract teams, and to coordinate with the teams of our external partners. You will provide technical leadership and coordination across development and maintenance of high availability, cloud-based analytic solutions, as well as own our internal development tool chain, ensuring that our data scientists work on same state of the art tools and environments that we provide to our customers. As more of our business turns to hosting real-time cloud-based systems we will look to you for technical leadership in all areas. Additionally, you will often be a part of discovery teams, working with customers to gain a deep understanding of their needs.
The position currently reports to the Executive Director. You will be working with an extraordinary team of data scientists whose skills span AI, ML, and all things statistical, as well as the IT teams of the University of Rochester and our cloud partners. The research staff are predominantly experienced PhDs, so demonstrated leadership and communication skills, as well as collegiality, are imperative for success. You will also be the major interface to all of our technical partners, and customers.
RDSC actively uses cutting edge AI, Machine Learning, and Statistical techniques to solve and deploy data science services in diverse areas such as Health and Medicine, Quantitative Marketing, Financial Services, Energy and the Smart Grid, with additional strong competencies in Computer Vision and Geospatial Imaging. The breadth of projects makes RDSC an incredibly exciting place to work. We have a deeply experienced, passionate team comprised of PhDs in Math, AI, CS, Economics, and EE. We eagerly hire and mentor junior data scientists, and in conjunction with the University of Rochester have a thriving internship program. We value the environment we have created and require a passionate, entrepreneurial spirit that thrives on and contributes to our culture. We were founded by and have strong support from the New York State Economic Development Corporation, the University of Rochester, and the L3Harris Corporation, and have over 25 innovative partners.
- As our Senior Software Architect you will be responsible for our entire services lifecycle, from guiding the selection of the development tools our scientists use daily to create solutions, to deploying our own and our customers’ platforms on the cloud.
- Engage on an end-to-end basis: from strategic infrastructure planning; to close partnership with the dev and research teams; all the way to our end customers and deployments.
- The successful candidate can integrate complex algorithms and components into a harmonized whole, which includes understanding existing algorithms, modifying them, working with the research team to design new ones in a hands-on way, in the actual code
- Grow and lead our dev and infrastructure teams. Be particular.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or SW Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years practical architecture and design experience
- Familiarity in consulting management including, business development, mentoring, technology solutions development, basic marketing and relationship management
- Demonstrated capability in professional software engineering practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Understanding of business infrastructure technology, network architectures and distributed computing
- Competency in the various programming language, packages, and tools used in AI & Data Science
- Experience with Cloud/IoT software development and concepts
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Azure
- Proven track record in handling multiple customers/opportunities at the same time and driving the opportunities to a successful sales closure. Excellent communication and organization skills, good time management and task prioritization
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits. Due to Covid-19 we are currently working from home, but we have protocols in place to support employees who need to work from our office in downtown Rochester, NY.
RDSC is an Equal Opportunity Employe